Your Next Bundu-bashing Adventure: Don’t Leave Home Without These 10 Items
Some camping trips are a spur-of-the-moment decision; others take months of meticulous planning. Our off-road trailers make it easy to pack up and go, so it may be tempting to rush off on a weekend getaway without preparation. However, some forethought is always recommended, as you will likely enjoy your trip better if it’s well-organised. So, if you purchased one of our top-of-the-class off-road trailers and have a hankering to try it out, be sure to tick the following ten items off your checklist:
1. Shelter. Sleeping under vast African skies with no city lights polluting your view is ideal – until it rains. Thankfully, our off-road trailers are all capable of incorporating one of our ultra-functional Insta-Awns.
2. Enough water. Water is used for just about everything – from preparing food to how much you require on a sweltering day under the harsh sun.
3. Enough food. Navigating off-road trailers over challenging terrain is mentally and physically exhausting. It is essential that you take along non-perishable foods such as canned beans, trail mix, biltong, and dehydrated fruit to keep your energy up.
4. A toolkit. Take a basic kit along that contains tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, a hammer, jacks, duct tape, and tyre-repair kits. You could also bring along specialised, purpose-made tools such as an underhood welder and a winch.
5. An emergency first-aid kit. Out in the wild, you will face thorns, cuts, and scrapes, so be sure to pack a first-aid kit containing antiseptic liquid, plasters, and bandages.
6. Spare parts. Items that could face damage and might need replacing include spare parts such as tyres, engine belts, and lug nuts.
7. Extra lubrication. Oil, brake fluid, fuel, coolant, and even power-steering fluid are all extras one can take along. Mark each container clearly and be sure to keep them sealed.
8. Versatile clothing. Take along versatile clothing options made from breathable materials to keep you cool but still protect you from the sun and insect bites.
9. Kitchen accessories. There’s no need to stir your scrambled eggs with a screwdriver … Take along essential kitchenware such as cutlery and plastic plates and cups.
10. A few comforts from home. Two-ply toilet paper, a soft pillow, and some soap can make a world of difference in terms of how comfortable your trip is.
Lastly, of course, don’t forget your tough-as-nails 4×4 trailer. For tough off-road trailers that make travelling a breeze, why not look into Conqueror’s superb, award-winning range? For more information on our off-road-trailers, we invite you to get in touch with a branch near you today.